The Lincoln Police Department wants everyone to have a safe and happy Halloween for themselves, their guests and their children. Using safety tips and common sense can help you make the most of your Halloween season and make it as enjoyable for your kids as it is for you!
Trick-or-Treaters· Carry a flashlight
· Walk, don’t run.
· Stay on Sidewalks
· Obey traffic signals
· Stay in familiar neighborhoods
· Don’t cut across yards or driveways.
· Wear a watch you can read in the dark.
· Make sure costumes don’t drag on the ground.
· Shoes should fit (even if they don’t go with your costume)
· Avoid wearing masks if you cannot see out of them.
· Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape.
· Approach only houses that are lit.
· Stay away from and don’t pet animals you don’t know.
|Halloween safety is important. If you (or your kids) are going to go door to door trick-or-treating, and you have access to the internet you should play the Halloween Safety Game at www.halloweenmagizine.com.|