Lincoln Police Officers make traffic contacts with the public on a daily basis. Officers take extra care for the safety of the occupants of the vehicle they stopped and for their own safety. Officers must try to concentrate on many different aspects during a traffic stop. One being the vehicle itself for possible dangers and another the oncoming traffic. What you do during the stop can help make the stop more safe for you and the officer.
Take these steps into account the next time you are stopped by a police officer:
1. Pull off to the right side of the road in a safe location.
2. Turn your engine & music off.
3. Turn your flashers & interior lights on (at night).
4. Stay in your car with your safety belt on.
5. Remain calm & ask passengers to remain quiet.
6. Roll your window down & keep your hands visible.
7. Don't make any movements to cause concern, do not attempt to reach for insurance or driver's license until asked.
8. Present proper ID when asked.
9. Answer questions fully & clearly.
10. Don't argue with the officer. Explain in court.
To request information from the Lincoln Police Department please fill out and sign the Freedom of Informaiton Act form below and send to the Lincoln Police Department at 911 Pekin St, Lincoln, IL, 62656, or fax to 217-732-4589.
Toll-Free 24 Hour Anonymous Hotline
Focus on these activities:
Note: Your name and personal information are not asked for and your submission will remain anonymous to the parties involved